Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Compilation of Motivation

Here are 20 things that motivate me as I prep myself for my final race, in no particular order. Enjoy:

1. The Chicago Bulls starting lineup theme song
2. My family & the undeniable support they've provided me throughout this journey (See below and Mel, Pete, Kevin, Heather, Uncle Bruce, Aunt Elizabeth, all of mom's cousins, Uncle Bob & Carol, and so many more! Oh, and Honey and Sassy, the dogs.)


3. Eminem's "'Til I Collapse" (The song I've listened to before and during every race since high school)
4. Katy Perry's Firework music video (Stop judging.)
5. My friends who have pretended like they enjoy hearing about running to a nauseating extent for the past year to show they support me (Below are just a few of my avid supporters)




6. Positive affirmations, including, but not limited to: I feel happy, I feel healthy, I feel terrific!; Ease your pace, smile on your face; I'm so FUCKING beautiful!
7. This. Completely unbelievable.
8. The Long Green Line documentary
9. "A true Runner ran even when he didn't feel like it, and raced when he was suppose to, without excuses and with nothing held back. He ran to win and would die in the process, running to him was real, the way he did it the realest thing he knew...hard as diamond, it made him weary beyond comprehension, but it also made him free." -Once A Runner
10. The fleeting daydream that one of the following will be at the end of my race and say to themselves, hot damn I need that shawty (the shawty being me): (Don't worry Chad, I'll keep you around)





11. Seeing this everyday in my room. And the idea of adding one more to it.

12. The fact that I'll be able to say I finished something a very small percentage of people have accomplished.
13. Sexy calves. Don't even get me started about how much I love a good set of calves.
14. People I see running faster than me along the lake front
15. The knowledge of how hard I've worked for this, my self-discipline and determination.
16. Maybe if I keep running, my body will morph into this by swimsuit season. Maybe:

17. The feeling of finishing.
18. All the survivors and fighters of breast cancer I'll be running along side this weekend.
19. My Aunt Elizabeth and Aunt Linda
20. Chasing my goal of 1:39, but knowing that even if I don't hit it, I can guarantee I'll run with every last bit of energy and heart I have left in me.

HOLYSHITMYLASTRACEISTHISWEEKEND.ICANNOTWAIT.THISISMYEXCITEMENT. Talk to you after I'm DONE with 13 HALF MARATHONS IN 13 MONTHS!

1 comment:

  1. This gives me chills! You inspire me Dunkle! I am so proud of you. I know you've invested so much time into this... I know you're hit your goals!

    ReplyDelete